Fat Profits: How Investors Can Capitalize on Obesity Battle
By Jeff Cox, CNBC.com Senior Writer
NEW YORK ( CNBC) -- More than one-third of Americas are considered obese, and investors looking to capitalize on the battle to reverse the trend could find themselves well-fed.
Getting financially fat off the "globesity" fight to help overweight Americans is the latest investing thesis from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, which believes global efforts to attack the problem will provide opportunities to make money.
The firm divides its recommendations across four sectors and more than 50 stocks that will benefit, particularly for those investors with longer time frames."Although it is difficult to accurately gauge the link between such exposure and share price performance, ... we still consider fighting obesity exposure an important and positive point to track, given that obesity is a sustainability megatrend with a 25-50 year lifespan," BofA equity analyst Sarbjit Nahal said in an analysis for clients.
| More from CNBC
JPMorgan's Whale Tale: More To Come?
How Will the Drought Affect Consumer Food Prices?
Wall Street's Secret Weapon for Getting an Edge
--Written by Jeff Cox at CNBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV