This could be partly offset by its industrial freight division as petroleum and petroleum products grew by a staggering 47.9% year-over-year during the quarter, and the automotive sector benefited heavily from a 24.6% year-over-year growth in the motor vehicle & parts freight, as per data reported by Association of American Railroads.
Agricultural freight slid because of reduced grain volumes, but Intermodal freight continued its steady growth in the second quarter. We expect mixed results for CSX this quarter.
Let's look in more detail the emerging trends that are expected to impact CSX's earnings and valuation.We have a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV