Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) is engaged in the restaurant and bakery businesses. This stock is trading up 1.6% at $32.38 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 738,000Average Volume: 999,570 Volume % Change: 50% Shares of CAKE are moving modestly higher here after Goldman Sachs upgraded the stock to neutral from sell. The firm said the restaurant chain's same-store sale trend has held up better than its peers, and that earnings may be boosted by lower food costs. >>5 Big Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher From a technical perspective, CAKE is gapping up here and breaking out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $32 to $32.18 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering another major breakout trade. That trade will hit once CAKE takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $33 to $33.30, and then once it clears its 2011 high of $34.07 with high volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades once CAKE sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 999,570 shares. Keep in mind that CAKE is due to report earnings on July 25, so either play for the breakout and run-up prior to its report, or wait until after earnings to play the breakout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV