Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) is engaged in the restaurant and bakery businesses. This stock is trading up 1.6% at $32.38 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 738,000Average Volume: 999,570 Volume % Change: 50% Shares of CAKE are moving modestly higher here after Goldman Sachs upgraded the stock to neutral from sell. The firm said the restaurant chain's same-store sale trend has held up better than its peers, and that earnings may be boosted by lower food costs. >>5 Big Stocks Ready to Slingshot Higher From a technical perspective, CAKE is gapping up here and breaking out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $32 to $32.18 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering another major breakout trade. That trade will hit once CAKE takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $33 to $33.30, and then once it clears its 2011 high of $34.07 with high volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades once CAKE sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 999,570 shares. Keep in mind that CAKE is due to report earnings on July 25, so either play for the breakout and run-up prior to its report, or wait until after earnings to play the breakout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV