Impax Laboratories (IPXL) is a specialty pharmaceutical company. Impax Laboratories is engaged in development, manufacture and marketing of bio-equivalent pharmaceutical products, referred to as generics, in addition to the development of branded products. This stock is trading up 3.6% at $20.55 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 520,000Average Volume: 479,825 Volume % Change: 116% >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential in 2012 From a technical perspective, IPXL is bouncing hard right off some near-term support at $19.50 with above average volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once IPXL takes out some near-term overheard resistance at $20.80, and then once it clears both its 200-day at $20.99 and its 50-day at $21.17 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once IPXL sustains a move or close above all those levels with volume that's near or above 479,825 shares. At last check, IPXL has hit an intraday high of $20.85 and volume is tracking in above its three-month average action of 479,825 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then IPXL could easily re-test and possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $22.36 to $23.23.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV