NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer believes we are now in a housing recovery with positive data from Wells Fargo (WFC). Housing prices have increased across the country and even house prices in Florida and Las Vegas have turned. We have seen more money flow and lending, and even the worst markets have been doing well.
As house prices increase and more money is lent out, homebuilding will increase and further help the recovery. Cramer says we will see a "positive scenario" where housing will create more jobs. Wells Fargo, which owns at least 30 percent of the housing market and has over $1 trillion in mortgage services, recently beat analysts' earnings estimate with an earnings per share of $0.82. Cramer says "there's no one you can trust more than Wells Fargo", and its quarter results indicate serious improvement in the housing market.
Housing will be very important for the overall recovery and "the data is very definitive that things are better" says Cramer. To invest in the housing market, Cramer suggests D.R. Horton (DHI) or Pulte (PHM) as possible options and says "now the marginal homebuilders will start doing well". Looking forward, Cramer believes this will be a very good time for housing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV