The two items that could put the earnings and stock price at risk when Coke reports its second-quarter results ahead of the opening bell include 1) the high price of corn and 2) currency exchange.
Cramer knows that currency is going against this international company, but he notes there is a possibility they have some hedges in place to mitigate that risk. His concern is that people will not take out the impact from the currency swing to normalize the profit per share for the company and earnings will look worse than they otherwise would.If that is the case, Coke shares will tumble tomorrow and take pharmaceutical companies, food companies and industrial companies that have similar international exposure down with them. Watch how Coke's stock reacts to earnings because it will be a big tell for these other international companies, Cramer says. Cramer thinks that both Coke and Pepsi (PEP) have been strong terrific stocks this year. He goes on to say "these are great American companies, and if they get hit, I do want to buy them even though I think the euro is still going lower." --Written by Lindsey Bell in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Lindsey Bell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV