NRG Energy Inc. (NYSE: NRG) has issued its “Growing Sustainably” annual Corporate Responsibility Report. The report focuses on NRG’s three-pronged strategy—to enhance its core generation fleet, expand retail operations, and invest in and grow new, innovative and cleaner energy businesses—and how it drives the Company to be more sustainable.
“Corporate responsibility reporting is important to show how we measure economic, social and environmental performance across our company,” said Mauricio Gutierrez, NRG’s Chief Operating Officer. “The new report is a measure of how far we’ve come in building a more sustainable energy company.”
The report outlines NRG’s key corporate responsibility goals in the areas of enhancing the Company’s overall business, supporting its customers and communities, and driving innovation.
Key accomplishments in this year’s report include:
- Top-decile industry safety performance including an all-time low rate of employee safety incidents companywide;
- Over $150 million in savings, or $49 million more than the Company’s 2012 fornrg, or focus on return on investment capital, goals;
- An 86 million gallon reduction in water consumption at the Company’s Texas plants;
- $4.6 million in charitable contributions to 362 organizations across 34 states; and
- An update on NRG’s $1 million commitment made through the Clinton Global Initiative to bring the benefits of solar power to Haiti.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV