As one in three consumers say they plan to start back-to-school shopping in July 1, parents can think Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (NASDAQ: WAG) for supplies, school physicals and immunizations as more states require certain immunizations before the start of the school year.
“Walgreens is a convenient and affordable shopping destination for more than the school supply list,” said Mark Wagner, Walgreens president of operations and community management. “On top of must-have items including binders, lunchtime snacks and even tech gear, our locations offer important health services, great for parents short on time, to help ensure their children are up-to-date on vaccines and physicals before the first school bell rings.”
Immunizations-trained Walgreens pharmacists in select states are able to administer a number of CDC-recommended immunizations. Take Care Health Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Walgreens and the nation’s largest and most comprehensive manager of convenient care clinics and worksite health and wellness centers, offer back-to-school and sports physicals as well as immunizations at Take Care Clinics nationwide. The physicals are administered by board certified nurse practitioners and physician assistants and are available for $39 through September 30, 2012.
ImmunizationsStudents in select states are required to receive certain immunizations to prevent against meningitis, a serious bacterial illness (meningococcal vaccine), and whooping cough, a highly-contagious respiratory infection (tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis-Tdap vaccine). Department of Health, school and college mandates for both vaccines exist in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.
- Immunizations are available daily with no appointment necessary at select Walgreens and Take Care Clinic locations
- Vaccines may be covered by insurance plans. Patients are encouraged to check with their insurance provider for coverage details.
- Take Care Clinics are professional health care centers located at more than 360 select Walgreens drugstores across the country and offer walk-in and appointment availability.
- Board-certified family nurse practitioners and physician assistants treat patients 18 months and older for common illnesses, offer preventive services and are licensed to write prescriptions, when necessary, that can be filled at the patient’s pharmacy of choice.
- Prominent display of school supply lists for area schools at most locations plus in-store signage to help on-the-go shoppers easily and quickly identify products by category
- Variety of personal care items including vitamins for children, toiletries and beauty products
- Lunchtime snacks, granola bars and juice packs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV