LAKE MARY, Fla., July 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement technology, today announced the Vantage, a true laser tracker that combines disruptive new features and a supremely portable design. Enhancements like SmartFind, Multiview and integrated Wi-Fi® expedite measurement routines for unprecedented speed and efficiency. Dramatic reductions in size and weight make the device so portable, it can simply be carried on board an airplane and stored in an overhead bin. "The Vantage is a revolution," said Ken Steffey, Director of Product Management for the FARO Laser Tracker. "This device, and its combination of features, accuracy and portability, is unlike anything this industry has seen. The Vantage will be the standard for laser trackers going forward."
Though the Vantage is 25 percent smaller and 28 percent lighter than its predecessor, FARO has included new in-line optic systems that actually improve long-range measurement by 45 percent to up to 80 meters (160m diameter). Integrated Wi-Fi eliminates tethering to laptops. The result is a portable tracker that captures more measurements with fewer device moves, and shorter routines, than ever before. Along with standard shipping cases, the Vantage is packaged with an all-new backpack and roller board that can be stowed in an airline overhead compartment, so it can be transported anywhere, anytime, quickly and conveniently.Two of the new features found only in the Vantage – SmartFind and MultiView – increase productivity by reducing measurement time. The SmartFind system responds to simple gestures from the operator and allows the Vantage to quickly find the desired target whenever its beam is lost or broken. The patent-pending MultiView system utilizes two integrated cameras that let users point automatically to specific, difficult-to-reach targets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV