As part of the ongoing campaign to raise awareness of the whooping cough epidemic and how people can protect themselves and others, Clear Channel is leveraging the power of digital billboards to help the Washington State Department of Health. Working to extend the department’s current advertising campaign, Clear Channel Outdoor donated the company’s 10 digital billboards in southern King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties to the effort in hopes more teens and adults will see the message and get the Tdap booster to protect young children from whooping cough.
Washington State is in the middle of a whooping cough epidemic. There are more than 2,800 cases of whooping cough currently reported in the state, the most in three decades. Whooping cough, or pertussis, is a highly infectious respiratory disease that causes violent and rapid coughing fits. These fits can last for weeks, and cause serious complications, especially to young children.
The department launched the statewide campaign in June to spread the word that teens and adults need the vaccine to protect young children from the disease. The effort with Clear Channel Outdoor is one element of this campaign, broadcasting the message on 43 billboards and transit signs geographically targeted to reach the counties most affected by the whooping cough epidemic. This includes the digital billboards in southern King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties. Digital boards are a great solution, especially in times of crisis, because messages can be disseminated quickly. Not only that, but digital boards can be updated easily when there’s new information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV