WILMERDING, Pa., July 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wabtec Corporation (NYSE: WAB) has completed the acquisition of Tec Tran Corp. and its affiliates, the only U.S.-owned manufacturer of hydraulic braking systems for transit cars. Based in North Carolina and founded more than 30 years ago, Tec Tran has annual sales of about $10 million. Wabtec expects the transaction to be accretive in the first year.
Tec Tran designs and manufactures hydraulic braking systems and related components, including calipers, power units, electronic controls and brake discs, for both new and aftermarket applications. The company's customers include global transit car builders and many North American transit agencies.
"With its expertise in hydraulic braking equipment, Tec Tran offers new capabilities and technology to complement our product portfolio," said Albert J. Neupaver, Wabtec's president and chief executive officer. "This technology is the preferred braking system for light-rail vehicles and streetcars, which are a growing segment of the transit car market in the U.S. In addition, Tec Tran's products provide another way for Wabtec to help carbuilders meet their Buy America requirements."
Light-rail vehicles are used primarily within cities and around airports.Wabtec Corporation is a global provider of value-added, technology-based products and services primarily for the rail and transit industry. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a range of products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles. The company also builds new switcher and commuter locomotives, and provides aftermarket services. Wabtec has facilities located throughout the world. SOURCE Wabtec Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV