LOS ANGELES, July 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With a tepid 84,000 jobs created last month, a recent Korn/Ferry (NYSE: KFY) poll of U.S. workers with incomes of $50,000+ revealed that 63 percent believe an American president has a big impact on job creation. Yet, just 45 percent of respondents think the U.S. has invested in technologies that create jobs. Compared to a president creating jobs on his own, fewer Americans (55 percent) think the President, Congress and Fed can work together to create jobs.
Sixty-four percent of respondents think that government spending is a good way to stimulate jobs. Results also revealed that respondents think the top industries to stimulate jobs are 1) sustainable energy solutions (28 percent), 2) Information technology (23 percent), and 3) Infrastructure for the country (22 percent).
In addition, more than 70 percent of American workers do not think U.S. CEOs are working hard or are motivated to create U.S.-based jobs. In addition, workers are split on whether CEOs would invest tax savings into hiring.
According to Gary Burnison, CEO of Korn/Ferry International, "This report reveals that U.S. workers believe that the government has the power to stimulate jobs. The fact that respondents feel the president alone can create more jobs than the combination of the Congress, Fed and president may be a reflection of the current discord in Washington.""While respondents do not think that CEOs are necessarily incentivized and motivated to hire Americans, in reality we know that a CEO must first meet the demands of shareholders and view the globe as their hiring marketplace. Today's CEOs are borderless. First and foremost, they are focused on P&L performance and identifying talent that will drive growth, regardless of regions or lines on the map."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV