The company also faces a huge foreign-exchange headwind that will likely further weigh down earnings.
Finally, the history of this company is that the shareholders and its directors are more patient than with most other companies (e.g., Yahoo! (YHOO)).
Bill Ackman is one of the most brilliant hedge-hoggers I know of, but he has a lot on his plate with J.C. Penney (JCP) -- he owns 40 million shares, which is not going swimmingly. (Ratings are being cut, and its merchandising gambit seems to be foundering. Cash flow pressures and even capital pressures at J.C. Penney are mounting.)
Confident in Oils
Originally published on Thursday, July 12 at 11:53 a.m. EDT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV