Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and NetEase, Inc. today announced that they will be co-hosting the Battle.net ® World Championship in Shanghai, China on Saturday, November 17 and Sunday, November 18, 2012.
The Battle.net World Championship will bring to a riveting conclusion Blizzard’s 2012 StarCraft ® II World Championship Series, which comprises more than 30 national and continental tournaments around the world, and the World of Warcraft ® Arena global finals. Blizzard gamers and eSports fans will be able to witness some of the most skilled pro players on the planet in action as they battle it out at the Battle.net World Championship for glory, cash prizes, and the title of undisputed world champion.
“We’re looking forward to seeing the best players in the World Championship Series face each other at the Battle.net World Championship in Shanghai this November,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “The level of StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena competition we’ve already seen around the world has been amazing, so we’re anticipating a truly epic finale.”
“We’re excited to partner with Blizzard to co-host a world-class eSports event here in China,” said William Ding, CEO of NetEase. “There are millions of eSports enthusiasts in China and we’re looking forward to presenting them with the opportunity to come together, have fun, and celebrate their passion for professional gaming.”In addition to highly competitive eSports matches, the Battle.net World Championship will serve as a gathering place for the Blizzard gaming community and offer attendees:
- Hands-on play time with some of the latest Blizzard games
- Opportunities to meet some of the world’s most popular pro players
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV