Missouri Bank Fails, 2012 Tally at 33
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- State regulators late Friday afternoon closed Glasgow Savings Bank Glasgow, Mo., bringing this year's total number of bank failures to 33.
Glasgow Savings Bank had $24.8 million in total assets and $24.2 million in deposits when it was seized by the Missouri Division of Finance. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was appointed receiver and sold the failed institution to Regional Missouri Bank of Marceline.
The failed office was scheduled to reopen Saturday as a branch of Regional Missouri Bank.The FDIC estimated that the cost of Glasgow Savings Bank's failure to the deposit insurance fund would be about $100,000. Glasgow Savings Bank was the first Missouri institution to fail this year. Georgia leads all states with six bank failures during 2012, followed by Florida and Illinois, which have each seen four banks or thrifts fail this year.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV