And that's not an outrageous notion when one notes that Iowa delivered tight 2000 and 2004 presidential races.
Al Gore defeated George W. Bush by 0.31% there in 2000, while Bush bounced back to beat John Kerry by 0.67% in 2004.
"I know it's going to be tough for President Obama ... but I believe the more that Iowans hear about the president's policies and how they have helped our state, the more they will come around," Sen. Tom Harkin (D., Iowa) says.
Harkin says that the president's policies have helped boost domestic energy sector in biofuels and ethanol, and with promoting agricultural exports."Taken together, there is every reason for Iowans to vote for Barack Obama," Harkin says. Rep. King, who formally endorsed Romney in May and who has his own congressional seat to defend in November, thinks the former Massachusetts governor needs to clarify some of his energy and agricultural positions to Iowa voters. "I'd like to ask Mitt Romney
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV