NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "We'll be the last people on the planet to starve to death."
Rep. Steve King (R., Iowa) says this with a chuckle as he chats about the strength of Iowa's agricultural sector -- just one of many bright economic spots for the nine-year incumbent congressman to boast about.
It's a state that found resilience and growth during the Great Recession, and now enjoys an unemployment rate well below the national average along with a surging agricultural and manufacturing sector.
"This economic crisis didn't find Iowans highly leveraged, and we saw our
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV