Mid-Year China Check-In
Last year, 2011, was a noticeably slower growth year for China as the government implemented a host of restrictions on loan growth, real estate investment and more. These measures seemingly played a major contributing role in decelerating growth rates throughout the year.
The first quarter's 8.1% GDP growth isn't slow by most any measure, but it's slower than China's seen in recent years. The second quarter's 7.6% is similarly fast relative to the globe, but clearly not as hot as in prior years.
China's Year-Over-Year GDP Growth Rate
Also decelerating? Inflation, which slowed from over 6% year over year in mid-2011 to just 2.2% last month. This disinflation is one part of China's goldilocks scenario, giving room to boost lending without overheating the economy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV