Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, announced today presentations at the upcoming Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) being held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on July 14-19, 2012. At the conference, Merck scientists are scheduled to present results from multiple preclinical and clinical studies investigating the safety and efficacy of β-amyloid precursor protein site cleaving enzyme (BACE) inhibitors, including MK-8931, the company's lead compound currently being investigated as a potential treatment for Alzheimer's disease.
“The prevalence of Alzheimer's disease is growing rapidly due to the aging population, creating an unsustainable burden on patients, caregivers and the economy,” said Darryle D. Schoepp, Ph.D., senior vice president and head of Neuroscience and Ophthalmology franchise, Merck Research Laboratories. “Merck is committed to discovering and developing novel medicines to treat neurodegenerative brain diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and dementia, and is focused on rapidly advancing its BACE inhibitor program.”
Select Merck presentations at AAIC include:
July 15, 2012
- P1-221: Safety and pharmacokinetics of the novel BACE inhibitor MK-8931 in healthy subjects following single and multiple dose administration.
- P1-225: A study to evaluate the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of single and multiple oral doses of the novel BACE inhibitor MK-8931 in Japanese subjects.
- P1-229: Population pharmacokinetic modeling of the novel BACE inhibitor MK-8931 following single and multiple dose administration in healthy subjects.
- P4-196: The novel BACE inhibitor MK-8931 dramatically lowers CSF Abeta peptides in healthy subjects following single and multiple dose administration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV