Travelers Companies Inc. (TRV): Today's Featured Insurance Winner
Travelers Companies (TRV) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies rose 89 cents (1.4%) to $63.13 on light volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.09-$63.13 after having opened the day at $62.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.24. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Presidential Life (PLFE), up 36.7%, Radian Group (RDN), up 5.2%, Genworth Financial (GNW), up 4.7%, and Independence Holding Company (IHC), up 4.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV