WellPoint Inc (WLP): Today's Featured Health Services Winner
WellPoint (WLP) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, WellPoint rose $1.29 (2.1%) to $62.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $61.08-$62.54 after having opened the day at $61.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.07. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: IsoRay (ISR), up 32.4%, BSD Medical Corporation (BSDM), up 11.1%, TearLab Corpoartion (TEAR), up 7.6%, and Oculus Innovative (OCLS), up 6.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV