State Street (STT) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, State Street rose $1.31 (3.1%) to $44.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.98-$44.16 after having opened the day at $43.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.80. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Presidential Life (PLFE), up 36.7%, Severn Bancorp (SVBI), up 22.6%, Midsouth Bancorp (MSL), up 10.5%, and Monarch Community Bancorp (MCBF), up 10.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about STT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV