Chevron (CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose 98 cents (0.9%) to $106.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.6 million shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $104.87-$106.19 after having opened the day at $105.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $105.03. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: WSP Holdings (WH), up 13.5%, Saratoga Resources (SARA), up 12.5%, Isramco (ISRL), up 11.2%, and Adams Resources & Energy (AE), up 8.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CVX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV