Schlumberger NV (SLB): Today's Featured Basic Materials Winner
Schlumberger (SLB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Schlumberger rose $1.33 (2%) to $66.72 on light volume. Throughout the day, five million shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.42-$66.93 after having opened the day at $65.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.39. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: WSP Holdings (WH), up 13.5%, Saratoga Resources (SARA), up 12.5%, Isramco (ISRL), up 11.2%, and Crosshair Energy (CXZ), up 10.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV