In an email to The Street on Thursday, Yahoo! confirmed that an "older file" from the Yahoo! Contributor Network, which allows writers, photographers, and videographers to share content, was hacked. However, less than 5% of the approximately 400,000 violated accounts had valid passwords. In addition to Yahoo! emails being affected, some Gmail, AOL (AOL), Hotmail, Comcast (CMCSA), MSN, SBC Global, Verizon (VZ), BellSouth and Live.com users were also affected.
Shares of Yahoo! edged down 0.2% this week to close at $15.74.
Kayak Software has finally decided to move ahead with its long-awaited IPO, announcing it will sell 3.5 million shares between $22 and $25 a share, hoping to raise as much as $100 million in the process. Kayak Software is holding its IPO roadshow this week, and is expected to make its debut Friday on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "KYAK." Also going public next week is Palo Alto Networks, which is scheduled to price on July 19, according to Bloomberg. The high-profile Internet security specialist is selling 6.2 million shares priced at $34 to $37 each, and is expected to start trading on Friday, July 20.
Next week earnings season really kicks into high gear for the tech sector. We get reports from Intel, Yahoo!, IBM (IBM), Qualcomm (QCOM), Google, eBay (EBAY) and Microsoft. Enjoy the weekend everyone. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV