NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Guess who's back? Back again? I've been away from this column for a few weeks due to vacation, but I'm taking back "Tech Weekly" for good, and I'm not letting it go.
"A 7"-8" device at $299 effectively eliminates those advantages for Android and forces Android devices to compete more on software, where we believe iOS still holds a meaningful advantage," wrote Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster in a note. "We remain confident that Apple will maintain and potentially increase its tablet market share over the next four years." Munster estimated Apple could sell anywhere between 4 million and 6 million of the rumored iPad Minis in the holiday quarter.> > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Speaking of iPad news, Apple also announced this week that its latest iPad, which was launched in March, will go on sale in China starting July 20. Customers will be able to buy the new iPad online through the Apple Store, select Apple authorized resellers and by reserving it through Apple's retail stores in China.
One of Apple's more famous retail stores is getting a makeover ahead of its grand reopening. Apple announced Thursday that its revamped Apple Store in New York City's SoHo neighborhood will reopen this Saturday, July 14, at 10 a.m. EDT. The invitation to the event reads, "The Apple Store, SoHo, is completely redesigned and better than ever. "There are more than twice as many products available for you to try." In addition to having more products, the Apple Store in SoHo will have a state-of-the-art theater with extra seating and will feature New York's first Briefing Room. The Genius Bar will also be bigger, something that had been rumored previously, and now is coming to fruition. Shares of Apple closed the week down 0.2% at $604.97.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV