Perry Ellis (NASDAQ:PERY) inaugurates a new era this fall with an updated brand identity inspired by the legacy of its namesake designer — and his spirit of optimism and modern wit — to create stylish, witty yet unpretentious clothes for the modern guy.
Perry Ellis Fall 2012 Campaign Imagery (Photo: Business Wire)
The new brand positioning will act as the guiding light for all marketing, sales and design activities, including a new logo that harkens back to the original Perry Ellis logo and redesigned packaging. The new identity will kick off with the Fall 2012 advertising campaign, which leverages “Very Perry Ellis,” a term affectionately used to describe the brand’s clothes during the designer’s heyday, as its tagline. This new identity signals a major shift for the American sportswear brand, which relies on both a revised understanding of the Perry Ellis consumer and a renewed appreciation for what made Perry Ellis, the man, such a successful designer.
“We wanted to invigorate our brand with an updated personality to appeal to a younger man,” said Carmine Petruzello, president of Perry Ellis Menswear. “After months of research, we found that a sense of levity and irreverence was not only key to that consumer, but also embodied in our founding designer. So, we are defining our future by staking a claim in the past. Perry Ellis isn’t just the name on our door.”
That future will first be articulated through Perry Ellis’ advertising campaign this fall. The campaign, conceived by strategic creative agency YARD, eschews the dramatic beachscapes of campaigns past for a world of self-expression and fun. Four models star in classic back-and-white portraiture that is punctuated with an unexpected “Very Perry” pop of color and levity. Polka dots, a paper bow tie and an oversized flower appear to ‘photo-bomb’ the portraits, turning what is a typically serious moment in fashion into something light-hearted and fun.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV