New Research Finds Email Has Driven More Than Two Thirds Of Online Brazilians To Purchase
A new study released today by global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) found that nearly two thirds of online Brazilian consumers have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing message.
Featured in ExactTarget’s Digital Carnival research report, the survey of more than 1,400 Brazilian consumers is the latest in its Subscribers Fans and Followers research series to explore consumer behavior across email, Twitter and Facebook.
With only 42 percent of all Brazilians online, the study found growing strength across interactive channels. Key findings of the study include:
- 91 percent of online Brazilian consumers subscribe to at least one email marketing program
- 68 percent have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing message
- 53 percent are more likely to buy from a company after subscribing to its email marketing
- 77 percent of online Brazilian consumers interact with brands on Facebook
- 42 percent of consumers on Facebook (ages 25-44) have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Facebook
- 41 percent use Facebook for work purposes
- 26 percent of online Brazilian consumers interact with brands on Twitter
- 58 percent of Twitter users always read posts from their favorite companies
- 53 percent are more likely to recommend a company to a friend after following them on Twitter
“Brazilian consumers’ social media adoption is among the highest we’ve seen,” said Tim Kopp, ExactTarget’s chief marketing officer. “With high engagement on social media and email driving a high volume of purchases, marketers have tremendous opportunity in Brazil to create interactive marketing experiences that reward consumers with relevant content across email, Twitter and Facebook.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV