A new study released today by global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET) found that nearly two thirds of online Brazilian consumers have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing message.
Featured in ExactTarget’s Digital Carnival research report, the survey of more than 1,400 Brazilian consumers is the latest in its Subscribers Fans and Followers research series to explore consumer behavior across email, Twitter and Facebook.
With only 42 percent of all Brazilians online, the study found growing strength across interactive channels. Key findings of the study include:
- 91 percent of online Brazilian consumers subscribe to at least one email marketing program
- 68 percent have made a purchase after receiving an email marketing message
- 53 percent are more likely to buy from a company after subscribing to its email marketing
- 77 percent of online Brazilian consumers interact with brands on Facebook
- 42 percent of consumers on Facebook (ages 25-44) have made a purchase after receiving a marketing message on Facebook
- 41 percent use Facebook for work purposes
- 26 percent of online Brazilian consumers interact with brands on Twitter
- 58 percent of Twitter users always read posts from their favorite companies
- 53 percent are more likely to recommend a company to a friend after following them on Twitter
“Brazilian consumers’ social media adoption is among the highest we’ve seen,” said Tim Kopp, ExactTarget’s chief marketing officer. “With high engagement on social media and email driving a high volume of purchases, marketers have tremendous opportunity in Brazil to create interactive marketing experiences that reward consumers with relevant content across email, Twitter and Facebook.”