Titan International, Inc. (NYSE: TWI) has signed an agreement to purchase a majority ownership interest in Planet Corporation Group of Companies (“Planet”) in an all-cash transaction. Planet includes National Tyres, Acme Wheel, Resource Tyre and Choice Tyres Wholesalers and is based in Perth, Australia. The purchase price and revenue information will be released upon closing which is expected to be within 10 days.
Planet is an OTR tire and wheel specialist that manufactures, distributes and services products to customers in the mining, agriculture, construction and earthmoving industries. Planet will be a subsidiary of Titan Mining Services, which was formed recently to build Titan’s mining business around the globe. This transaction demonstrates Titan’s initiative to grow the OTR tire and wheel business worldwide.
Titan International, Inc., a holding company, owns subsidiaries that supply wheels, tires and assemblies for off-highway equipment used in agricultural, earthmoving/construction and consumer (including all terrain vehicles) applications. For more information, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV