Dow, S&P 500 Eke Out Gain for Week
Elsewhere in corporate news, Lexmark (LXK) was a big mover to the downside after the company lowered its second-quarter outlook on Thursday, citing a "weaker than expected demand environment, particularly in Europe, and a larger than expected impact from unfavorable changes in currency exchange rates."
The Lexington, Ky.-based printer maker now sees earnings excluding items of 87 to 89 cents a share for the June-ended period, below a previous guidance for a profit of 95 cents to $1.05 a share. The company expects revenue to decline 12% in the quarter from year-ago levels vs. a prior forecast for a 7-to-9% decline on the top line. The stock was down nearly 16%.
Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
-- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV