HOUSTON, July 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kraton Performance Polymers, Inc. (NYSE: KRA), a leading global producer of styrenic block copolymers or SBCs, and TNK Bitumen Performance, a unit of TNK-BP, a leading Russian oil company and producer of TNK Alfabit, a polymer-modified bitumen, are pleased to announce the successful pavement of the first-ever, Russian circuit Moscow Raceway, a multifunctional raceway circuit, located 77 kilometers from Moscow along the Novorizhsky Highway.
According to Raceway officials, the new track meets the highest requirements of international circuits and recently qualified for FIA grade 1T, which will enable the Moscow Raceway to host competitions of any level from National Cup to international automotive and motorcycling championships. As such, the design of the asphalt mix was very specific, which required selection of the right aggregates and asphalt binder to meet performance needs.
"Kraton scientists in Amsterdam and the TNK Bitumen team worked closely together to develop the ideal TNK Alfabit binder formulation using Kraton D1192, which is one of the most technologically-advanced and user-friendly polymer options for use in the manufacture of modified binder," said Marek Kowalczyk, Sales Manager Central Eastern Europe, Kraton Polymers. "Kraton D1192 offers enhanced polymer compatibility, and lower modified asphalt viscosity. Its durability and resistance to aging result in high pavement quality that we believe will stand up to Moscow's regional climate of harsh winters and hot summers," he concluded.Binder is a major component of asphalt road construction and a critical element in durability, and therefore the safety of race cars. Kraton D1192 makes asphalt more elastic, which helps avoid cracks in the winter and ruts in the summer. It also enhances overall mechanical pavement properties not only for road coverings, but also for airport runways.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV