NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Infosys (INFY) was one of the big gainers in pre-market trading on Friday, reversing some of the losses that followed the company's first quarter results and weak guidance, announced on Thursday.
Shares of the Indian business and technology consulting specialist rose 2.32% to $39.65. Infosys was also one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 169,337.
Infosys was a big Nasdaq loser on Thursday as investors responded negatively to its results. The Bangalore-based firm saw its shares plunge 11.2% on heavy volume to close at $38.75.
Facebook (FB) was another active pre-market stock, creeping up 0.88% to $31.08 on share volume of 71,384.Shares of Yahoo! (YHOO), which confirmed a massive security breach on Thursday, rose 0.45% to $15.76 on Friday. Microsoft (MSFT) was also a modest gainer, rising 0.31% to $28.72 before market open. Shares of the Redmond, Wash.-based firm closed down 2.29% on Thursday following media reports that the software giant is planning to restructure its marketing operation, a move that may include hundreds of layoffs. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV