For example, I'm on track to go well over 40,000 miles before an oil change in my Volt. Chances are the oil will have to be changed because of its age, rather because it's worn out. Service thus far has consisted of... tire rotations.
Bottom line: The Volt has Superior Reliability
Are you tired of repair bills and car trouble? After 100 million miles, the architecture of the Chevrolet Volt has proven potentially more reliable than that of any other car. Depending on what you assume for gasoline prices vs. electricity prices, and your driving habits, there is another important reason to consider a more electrified car: Your long-term maintenance and repair costs will likely be significantly lower.
At the time of publication, the author was long TSLA.
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV