Moody’s Investors Service, Inc. (Moody’s) has undertaken a previously announced review, with the intent to downgrade, of the ratings of debt and preferred shares issued by 18 equity focused closed-end funds. The newly issued ratings range between Aa3 and A3. The 5.95% Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series B of the Company has received a rating of A1, the upper half of the aforementioned range. The newly issued ratings are based upon multiple criteria: quantitative measures (adjusted leverage, portfolio profile and fixed charge coverage) and qualitative factors (liquidity management, manager and sponsor quality, and a one notch downgrade for priority of claim). The associated announcement by Moody’s can be found on their website at www.moodys.com.General American Investors was founded in 1927, has been publicly traded since its inception and has been listed on the NYSE since 1930. The objective of the Company is long-term capital appreciation through investment in companies with above average growth potential. The Company has net assets of approximately $904 million applicable to its 28.7 million shares of common stock outstanding. The aggregate liquidation value of the Company’s preferred stock is $190 million. Its preferred shares (symbol GAM Pr B) are also listed on the NYSE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV