Ocean Power Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPTT) (“OPT” or “the Company”) today announces financial results for its fiscal 2012 fourth quarter and the year ended April 30, 2012.
- Operating loss was $16.6 million for the twelve months ended April 30, 2012 versus $21.3 million for the twelve months ended April 30, 2011, primarily reflecting a 37% decrease in product development costs.
- On track to complete construction of OPT’s first PB150 PowerBuoy for the project at Reedsport, Oregon. Factory testing of the device’s power take-off (“PTO”) has been completed and it has been shipped to Oregon Iron Works, where it is now being integrated into the spar of the buoy in preparation for ocean testing. The buoy is expected to be ready for deployment late this summer.
- Signed an agreement with Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT) to develop a proposed 19 megawatt wave energy project in Victoria, Australia. For the project, Lockheed Martin will assist with the design of OPT’s PowerBuoy® technology, lead the production and system integration of the wave-energy converters, and support overall project management.
- Additional milestones reached during fiscal 2012 include successful deployment of the U.S. Navy’s Littoral Expeditionary Autonomous PowerBuoy (“LEAP”) off the coast of New Jersey, and completion of ocean testing of OPT’s first utility-scale PB150 off Scotland.
- Work commenced under the Company’s €2.2 million WavePort project in Spain, which will showcase advancements in OPT’s energy conversion technology.
“As we begin fiscal 2013, Ocean Power Technologies is taking strides on a number of fronts that we expect will enhance our growth in the quarters to come,” said Charles F. Dunleavy, Chief Executive Officer of OPT. “As expected, we lowered our cash burn this past year and plan to reduce this further in the current fiscal year. Management remains focused on our core technology as well as converting several business development opportunities around the globe into revenue-generating orders. In Australia, Lockheed Martin’s involvement has provided renewed momentum for our project in Victoria. Excellent progress is being made in Oregon and we are also seeing increased activity in other locations internationally. As a result, we believe 2013 will be a year of achievements in our drive to commercialize our PowerBuoys in both the utility and autonomous power markets. These opportunities follow from the hard work and dedication of our employees and the steadfast support of our commercial partners.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV