- Operating loss was $16.6 million for the twelve months ended April 30, 2012 versus $21.3 million for the twelve months ended April 30, 2011, primarily reflecting a 37% decrease in product development costs.
- On track to complete construction of OPT’s first PB150 PowerBuoy for the project at Reedsport, Oregon. Factory testing of the device’s power take-off (“PTO”) has been completed and it has been shipped to Oregon Iron Works, where it is now being integrated into the spar of the buoy in preparation for ocean testing. The buoy is expected to be ready for deployment late this summer.
- Signed an agreement with Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT) to develop a proposed 19 megawatt wave energy project in Victoria, Australia. For the project, Lockheed Martin will assist with the design of OPT’s PowerBuoy® technology, lead the production and system integration of the wave-energy converters, and support overall project management.
- Additional milestones reached during fiscal 2012 include successful deployment of the U.S. Navy’s Littoral Expeditionary Autonomous PowerBuoy (“LEAP”) off the coast of New Jersey, and completion of ocean testing of OPT’s first utility-scale PB150 off Scotland.
- Work commenced under the Company’s €2.2 million WavePort project in Spain, which will showcase advancements in OPT’s energy conversion technology.
Ocean Power Technologies Announces Results For The Fiscal Fourth Quarter And Year Ended April 30, 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.