The Associated Press
SHAREHOLDERS SETTLE: Johnson & Johnson stockholders, trying to restore high standards, have reached a tentative settlement in their lawsuit against J&J's board and top executives for alleging letting serious legal and manufacturing problems continue for years.
LAUNDRY LIST: Lapses include paying kickbacks to boost product sales, marketing drugs for unapproved uses and repeatedly recalling prescription and nonprescription drugs and medical devices due to manufacturing deficiencies, including wrong levels of active ingredients and metal shards in liquid medicines.
COMPANY RESPONSE: J&J denies the plaintiffs' claims, saying it's settling to benefit J&J and its shareholders and to end distracting, expensive litigation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV