10 Fastest-Growing Drunk Nations
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Beer drinkers in the U.S. may be cutting back, but their counterparts in other countries are buying the next few rounds.
Americans drank 19.97 gallons of beer per capita last year, according to Euromonitor International. That's down 7% from 2006 and has dragged Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) and MolsonCoors (TAP) sales in the U.S. down with it.
The global beer market's shifting a bit, however, and markets in the former Soviet republics, Asia and even the Middle East are developing increased tolerance for big quantities of brew. Euromonitor International has been looking into global beer drinking trends and told us where beer has seen a huge jump in popularity. In the country with the fastest-growing beer market in the world, it's even making big brewers reconsider their definition of beer. Euromonitor shared its data with us and pointed out the 10 nations where there's a longer line at the tap than ever:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV