5 Great Cities for Gen Y'ers
Reynolds lived in Dallas for part of her 20s and says she "really enjoyed it. There are lots of cultural activities, really great nightlife -- and the barbecue in Dallas can beat anything."
The northeast Texas city is also home to 10,900-student Southern Methodist University, 17,100-student University of Texas and Dallas and other schools, giving Dallas a large Gen Y population.All of those young people mean plenty of nightclubs, while the universities also provide lots of spectator-sports opportunities. And of course, Dallas plays host to the legendary Dallas Cowboys football franchise and Dallas Mavericks NBA team. The 6.3-million-population metro area also offers a 6.8% unemployment rate, a $1,314-a-month average rent and a $204,900 median property price.
There are some 4,600 Dallas houses and condos listed for sale on Realtor.com, priced from $14,900 for a three-bedroom bank-owned home to $29.5 million for a 10-acre estate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV