Charter Communications (CHTR) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Charter Communications rose $1.19 (1.7%) to $72.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 472,418 shares of Charter Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 510,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.83-$73.34 after having opened the day at $71.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.59. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Ku6 Media (KUTV), up 6.9%, Pandora Media (P), up 4.2%, LodgeNet Interactive Corporation (LNET), up 3.2%, and Envoy Capital Group (ECGI), up 3.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Charter Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CHTR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV