CLEVELAND, July 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- KeyCorp today announced the retirement of Chief Risk Officer Chuck Hyle. William L. Hartmann will succeed Hyle as chief risk officer as part of Key's leadership succession strategy. Hartmann, who assumes the role of chief risk officer immediately, reports to KeyCorp Chairman and CEO Beth Mooney and serves on Key's Management Committee.
Hyle will work closely with Hartmann through year end to ensure a smooth transition. "Bill's depth of knowledge and experience will enable Key to continue effective enterprise risk management and to balance risk and reward," Mooney said.
Hartmann joined Key as chief credit officer in 2010. In this role, he led Key's credit risk management functions across the Asset Recovery, Institutional, Commercial, Real Estate and Consumer businesses. He also chaired the Credit Risk Committee. Prior to Key, he spent 29 years with Citigroup where his most recent position was global head of Large Corporate Risk Management. While at Citigroup, he held numerous roles with increasing responsibility, including chief risk officer Asia Pacific, head of Global Portfolio Management, co-head of Leveraged Finance Capital Markets and global head of Loan Sales & Trading. Hartmann is a member of the Leadership Cleveland Class of 2012 and serves on the Board of Trustees for ideastream®, Northeast Ohio's public service, multi-media organization.Since 2004, Hyle has led Key's risk management functions, and ensured that Key was well-positioned in the midst of a rapidly changing industry and regulatory environment. "Under Chuck's leadership, Key transformed its risk culture and risk processes and strengthened its credit and risk management discipline and controls," said Mooney. "Chuck has been a dedicated leader and a trusted business partner who has left a strong legacy at Key."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV