TearLab (TEAR) is an in-vitro diagnostic company. TearLab is commercializing a tear testing platform, the TearLab Osmolarity System that enables eye care practitioners to test for sensitive and specific biomarkers using nanoliters of tear film at the point-of-care. This stock is trading up 5% to $3.35 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.17-$3.7052-Week Range: $0.78-$4.88 Volume: 164,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 163,117 >>5 Health Care Stocks Setting Up to Break Out From a technical perspective, TEAR is ripping higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $3.32 with decent volume. This move has also pushed the stock into breakout territory, since TEAR has flirted with some near-term overhead resistance at $3.31 to $3.40. At last check, TEAR has hit an intraday high of $3.70 and volume is just starting to move above its three-month average action of 163,117 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as TEAR is trending above its 50-day at $3.32, and once it takes out today's high of $3.70 with strong volume. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 163,117 shares as bullish. If we get that action soon, then TEAR has a great chance of re-test and possibly taking out its next significant overheard resistance levels at $4.35 to $4.88 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV