Wisconsin Energy Stock Hits New 52-Week High (WEC)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Wisconsin Energy Corporation (NYSE:WEC) hit a new 52-week high Thursday as it is currently trading at $40.36, above its previous 52-week high of $40.35 with 257,567 shares traded as of 11 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 1.5 million shares over the past 30 days. Wisconsin Energy has a market cap of $9.21 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 14.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Wisconsin Energy Corporation generates and distributes electric energy, as well as distributes natural gas. It generates electricity from coal, natural gas, wind, and hydro sources. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 17.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV