New Dividend: 20 cents quarterly (per share)
Dividend Percent Increase: 25%Current Yield: 1.68% It's been a solid year for shareholders of A.O. Smith (AOS) -- the mid-cap water heater maker has rallied more than 18.6% so far in 2012. A.O. Smith has a big tailwind from its core product. After all, water heaters aren't something that most customers are willing to put off replacing when the time comes. While a pullback in construction spending has ultimately impacted AOS substantially in the last several years, the firm has slowly been climbing sales post-recession. The economic payoff and convenience of bigger-ticket products like on demand tankless heaters could be a big catalyst to help make up for lost ground on the top line as consumers look for ways to make their homes more efficient. AOS announced a 25% dividend hike on Monday, bringing its quarterly dividend to 20 cents per share, a 1.68% yield. To see these dividend plays in action, check out the Dividend Stocks for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr. And if you haven't already done so, join Stockpickr today to create your own dividend portfolio. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV