New Dividend: 50 cents quarterly (per share)
Dividend Percent Increase: 25%Current Yield: 2.39% Engine maker Cummins (CMI) designs and builds the diesel and natural gas truck engines found in everything from higher-end Dodge Rams models to the big rigs on the highway. The firm's dividend engine is also cranking this week. On Tuesday, management announced a 25% increase to the firm's quarterly payout, bringing it to 50 cents per share. That's a 2.39% yield at current price levels. >>6 Dividend Stocks With Strong Payout Ratios Cummins is an integrated engine supplier, building everything from turbochargers to the power units and filtration systems used on its engines in-house. That positioning gives CMI better control over its manufacturing process and over costs. The double-digit net margins the firm earned in the last year are a testament to that. Of course, the dividend hike in Cummins wasn't a complete surprise; the firm was one of the 5 Industrial Stocks Poised for Bigger Dividends that I talked about at the start of June.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV