Autobytel Inc. (Nasdaq: ABTL), a leading provider of online consumer purchase requests and marketing resources for the automotive industry, today announced that the previously announced 1-for-5 reverse split of the Company’s common stock, $0.001 par value per share, took effect after the close of trading on the NASDAQ Capital Market on July 11, 2012. The Company’s common stock will begin trading on a reverse stock split-adjusted basis on the NASDAQ Capital Market as of the opening of trading on July 12, 2012. The common stock will continue to be reported on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the symbol “ABTL,” with 05275N205 as its new CUSIP number.
Upon the effectiveness of the reverse stock split, each five shares of the Company’s issued and outstanding common stock automatically combined and converted into one issued and outstanding share of common stock, par value $0.001 per share. The reverse stock split affected all issued and outstanding shares of the Company’s common stock, as well as common stock underlying stock options, warrants and convertible notes outstanding immediately prior to the effectiveness of the reverse stock split. The reverse stock split reduced the number of outstanding shares of the Company’s common stock outstanding prior to the reverse stock split from approximately 44.256 million to approximately 8.851 million. The number of authorized shares of the Company’s common stock was not affected by the reverse stock split.
No fractional shares will be issued in connection with the reverse stock split. Stockholders who would otherwise hold a fractional share of the Company’s common stock will receive a cash payment in lieu of such fractional share based on the average per share closing price of the common stock on the NASDAQ Capital Market for the five trading days prior to the effective date of the reverse stock split, which is $0.78.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV