BEIJING, July 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- Dehaier Medical Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: DHRM) ("Dehaier"), an emerging leader in the development, assembly, marketing and sale of medical devices and homecare medical products in China, today announced that it has obtained software copyrights from the National Copyright Administration of PRC for four of its proprietary technologies, including:
- Analysis and Monitoring Software of Adsorption Tower Oxygen Generation Process;
- Dehaier Homecare CPAP Controlling Software;
- Ventilator of CPAP Controlling Software; and
- Air Compressor Controlling Software.
These copyrights have been approved for 50 years. In addition to providing the Company protection in the event of infringement, the software copyright registration is essential to the Company's identification as a "software enterprise" or a "high-technology enterprise." These statuses are important to Dehaier, as they allow the Company to receive preferential government treatment, such as subsidies and tax benefits.
Ping Chen, CEO of Dehaier, commented, "We continue to focus on developing quality homecare medical devices, which rely on precise IT and software applications that Dehaier develops internally. These copyrights are important in protecting the technology that Dehaier is developing, especially as we introduce more products to market. We also expect to benefit from the favorable policies and subsidies from
China's government as a result of our treatment as a hi-tech enterprise. With the addition of these copyrights, we have two utility model patents, four design patents and nine software copyrights. We will continue to protect our intellectual property portfolio in unison with strengthening our R&D capabilities, increasing our brand recognition, and gaining market share."
About Dehaier Medical Systems Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV