Nutrisystem D Meets the American Diabetes Association's Nutritional Guidelines
Nutrisystem D meets the nutritional guidelines established by the American Diabetes Association for people with diabetes. Nutrisystem recently confirmed their support of the American Diabetes Association at the National Strategic Partner level and will work to help the Association with its mission related activities of creating awareness and providing educational tools. As part of the company's sponsorship, the Association is offering discounted pricing for Nutrisystem D as a new benefit to its members.
"Type 2 diabetes is reaching epidemic proportions in
the United States
, but it is a disease that is often preventable with a lifestyle-based approach – better eating habits, regular physical activity, and better tools to self-monitor and self-manage the risks," said Dr.
, Chief Science Officer at Nutrisystem. "Likewise, lifestyle approaches are key to improving outcomes for those with the disease itself. To help battle this epidemic, we've spent years developing, improving and testing Nutrisystem D. We know that being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes can be traumatic, and changing a lifetime of habits can be difficult. That's why we've worked so hard to make Nutrisystem D simple and easy to follow."
Nutrisystem D Program Overview
- A wide selection of more than 130 nutritionally balanced, portion-controlled entrees and snacks, delivered directly to customers' homes with customizable menus.
- The program provides access to Registered Dietitians, Counselors and Certified Diabetes Educators, as well as behavior modification materials developed by a leading expert in weight loss treatment, online tools for tracking progress, and online support communities, all at no extra cost.
- The program also includes My Daily 3, a Nutrisystem-developed approach to physical activity based on the actions of daily living. Nutrisystem membership is free and doesn't require members to visit centers, participate in group weigh-ins, count carbohydrates or calories.
- Nutrisystem is cost effective and provides savings of hundreds of dollars compared to other home delivery weight loss options. Food delivery is free of charge for customers enrolled in auto-delivery.
- Some insurance providers may cover, or contribute to, the cost of the program. See: Nutrisystem Health Insurance Reimbursement Forms.
More information, including patient testimonials and images, can be found in the Nutrisystem D News & Information Center Area at
To order the Nutrisystem D program and other Nutrisystem® products, please visit
or by calling 1-888-841-2572.
Having helped Americans lose millions of pounds over the last 40 years, Nutrisystem, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTRI) develops evidence-based programs for healthy weight management, and is the leading provider of home-delivered weight loss meal plans. Nutrisystem offers balanced nutrition in the form of low glycemic index meal plans designed for men and women, including seniors, vegetarians and the Nutrisystem® D® program for people with diabetes or at risk for type 2 diabetes. Nutrisystem® plans include a wide variety of pantry and fresh-frozen entrees and snacks to aid in program satisfaction and adherence, as well as transition plans to support long-term success. The
Fort Washington, PA
-based company also provides weight management support and counseling by trained weight-loss coaches and registered dietitians, as well as through an engaged online community, online tools and trackers, mobile apps, cookbooks and more. Healthcare professionals may learn more about the programs by visiting
. Nutrisystem® weight loss plans are available directly to consumers through
, by phone (1-800-435-4074) and at select retailers. The Company has also introduced a new in-store retail line, Nutrisystem® Everyday™ products, comprised of nutritionally balanced bars, smoothies, bakery and breakfast items aimed at consumers who aspire to eat healthier.