- Today about 26 million people – roughly 10% of the U.S. adult population – have diabetes, according to the American Diabetes Association; on average, there is a new case of diabetes diagnosed in the U.S. every 17 seconds.
- Another 79 million adults over the age of 30 have pre-diabetes, meaning they are at high risk for developing the disease. The disease kills more Americans than breast cancer and HIV combined, and is a major driver of preventable healthcare costs.
- Several independent studies, including the NIH multicenter study known as Look AHEAD ( Action for HEAlth in Diabetes), have shown that losing as little as 5%-10% of body weight can slow the progression of type 2 diabetes, help people improve their glucose, blood pressure and more, and take fewer related costly medications. Being overweight also adds to the risk of medical complications and premature death for those with the disease.
Nutrisystem Debuts Its Enhanced Nutrisystem D Diet Plan Specifically Designed For People With Type 2 Diabetes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.