Today, UTI is known as the nation's leading provider of post-secondary education for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians. The company has 11 campuses across the country, with an average undergraduate enrollment of more than 16,000 students.
In 1991, Sweet retired from UTI, but continued to remain close to the organization. In his later years, Sweet was actively involved with the UTI Foundation, which provides scholarships and assistance to UTI students. In 2010, the 45th anniversary of UTI, the UTI Foundation established a scholarship in his name to recognize his lifetime achievement, leadership and vision.
Sweet leaves behind his wife
Bobbie Sweet, children;
Mitchell (Lydia) Sweet,
Pauline Sweet Walker,
Suzanne (Bill) Reddy,
Leslie (Bob) Fleischer,
Meg (David) Miller,
Howard (Patty) Fischer,
Edward (Laurie) Kohn, Julie (
Barbara Halpern) Kohn,
Ted (Kelly) Kohn, and grandchildren;
Stephan (Annie) Sweet,
Aaron (Myra) Reddy,
Holly Kohn, and
Evan Kohn. Memorial services were held today at Sinai Mortuary, 4538 North 16th St.,
He is remembered by all for his fairness, candor, and commitment to providing quality education for deserving students.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV