PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) has presented seven Excellent Supplier Awards for superior performance in 2011.
On an annual basis, PPG purchases more than $7 billion in materials and services from thousands of suppliers. The company’s criteria for Excellent Supplier Awards include product quality, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, continuous improvement and participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
“We are pleased to recognize these suppliers, whose products, services, reliability, innovation and overall value in 2011 were outstanding,” said Steve Lampe, PPG vice president, corporate purchasing and logistics. “We consider them invaluable business partners who provide exceptional and significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
Companies earning the 2011 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Dandy Service Corp. , based in Warrendale, Pa., which provides local trucking service throughout the U.S. for PPG’s chlor-alkali and derivatives business.
- Fisher Scientific of Pittsburgh, which provides maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) laboratory supplies to PPG’s aerospace and chlor-alkali and derivatives businesses as well as several businesses in its Industrial Coatings, Performance Coatings, and Optical and Specialty Materials segments.
- Flanary and Sons Trucking, Inc. , based in Church Hill, Tenn., which provides truckload transport in the U.S. to PPG’s flat glass business.
- Hapag-Lloyd (America) Inc. , based in Piscataway, N.J., which provides ocean transportation services globally to PPG’s flat glass, chlor-alkali and derivatives, optical products, automotive OEM coatings, industrial coatings and packaging coatings businesses.
- Quali-T-Ruck Service, Inc. , of Fresno, Calif., which provides intrastate trucking services to PPG’s flat glass manufacturing plant in Fresno.
- Transport Corp. of America, Inc. , based in Eagan, Mich., which provides dedicated truck fleet service and standard over-the-road trucking service in North America to businesses in PPG’s Industrial Coatings, Performance Coatings and Glass segments.
- WTS, Inc. , of Lewiston, N.Y., which provides byproduct logistics and management services and implements sustainable solutions in New Jersey for PPG related to the company’s chromium cleanup efforts there.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV